Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:21:48 +0200
From:      Boris Karnaukh <bk532@iname.com>
To:        Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EagleTec 56K Fax Modem Card

Alex Kwan wrote:

> My modem card is Eagle Tec 56K Fax Modem Card,
> and I have not found this model in the sample config file.,
> does it supported by FreeBSD4.0?
> If yes, how to complete the pccard.conf?

First off, try to find your configuration options with

pccardc dumpcis

You'll have to write down:
1. Manufacturer name (Manuf=[<manufacturer name])
2. Card name (Card vers=[<card name>])
3. All the tuples marked with "Configuration entry" Pay attention to:
	- which irq's your card support
	- which base i/o address is to be used in each configuration.

If you still haven't created your own file pccard.conf, it's time to so

cp pccard.conf.sample pccard.conf

Edit your pccard.conf. Change free irq's list to make it match your
machine configuration. Clone one of modem configurations and change it
according to your <manufacturer name>, <card name>, config id, irq. It's
important to remember that i/o address should match to value you've set
up in your kernel configuration (man loader for further information).

Kill pccardd and run it with your customised pccard.conf.

--
<Signed>
Boris Karnaukh 	(mailto:bk532@iname.com)