Date:      21 Jul 2002 22:47:12 +0200
From:      Henrik Motakef <henrik.motakef@web.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Whats up with share/xml/catalog?

Hi,

I just noticed that ${PREFIX}/share/xml/catalog changed to the XML
catalog format.

First of all, this is a bad idea IMHO, scince it breaks PSGML and
nsgmls for the XML DTDs without a good reason - it would be better to
at least have both the XML version and old-style catalogs avaiblable.

On a more practical note, given that I didn't notice any changes for
mkcatalog, how am I supposed to add DTDs that go in share/xml/* to the
catalog? Is there a replacement for mkcatalog, or are there new
options I didn't recognize?

tia
Henrik