Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:05:42 +0200
From:      Kai Kockro <k.kockro@myphotobook.de>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sysinstall@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsdinstall ZFS and MBR not working

Ok,

got it.

Normal MBR install, then go to shell. Save the gpart partitions to
bootpool ( gpart backup ada0 and ada0s1 ). Reboot and go to LiveCD.
Import bootpool, recreate gpart partitions with gpart restore. Recreate
the bootblocks ( gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 && dd
if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1 && dd if=/boot/zfsboot
of=/dev/ada0s1a skip=1 seek=1024 ). Reboot and its working.

Maybe gpart is using pending mode in zfsboot script, i will look later.

Thanks to Warren ( i will try the gpt hints, too )!

Best,
Kai

--
Kai Kockro
Leitung Operations

myphotobook gmbh
Oranienstrasse 183
10999 Berlin

Tel.:+49 (0)30 616 508 100
Fax: +49 (0)30 616 508 200

Geschäftsführer: Vanessa Dill, Martin Lux
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 94377