Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 1995 04:10:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changes in -current..TEST please

> On a purely IDE system I get "panic: cannot mount root" :-(
>
> I love this change btw.
:)
odd I had that problem here and fixed it..
(with scsi)

can you add a printf in wd.c right at the point that it
does bdevsw_add
(line 2149)
and check that
1/ it's called
2/ dev returns with the correct value (probably 0)
I wonder if there is something requiring the values in earlier than that?

> Have you considered changing the type of cdevsw to be "array of pointer to.."

yes that will happen but it takes quite a while to track down all the places
it's accessed, and think about the consequences