Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2017 20:28:32 +0200
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: panic: Solaris(panic): blkptr invalid CHECKSUM1

Bezüglich Andriy Gapon's Nachricht vom 02.10.2017 13:49 (localtime):
> On 01/10/2017 00:38, Harry Schmalzbauer wrote:
>> Now my striped mirror has all 4 devices healthy available, but all
>> datasets seem to be lost.
>> No problem for 450G (99,9_%), but there's a 80M dataset which I'm really
>> missing :-(
>
> If it's not too late now, you may try to experiment with an "unwind" / "extreme
> unwind" import using -F -n / -X -n.  Or manually specifying a txg number for
> import (in read-only mode).

Thanks for your reply!

I had dumped one of each mirror's drive and attaching it as memory disk
works as intended.
So "zfs import" offers me the corrupt backup (on the host with a already
recreated pool).

Unfortunately my knowledge about ZFS internals (transaction group number
relations to (ü)uberblocks) doesn't allow me to follow your hint.

How can I determine the last txg#, resp. the ones before the last?
I guess 'zpool import -t' is the tool/parameter to use.
ZFS has wonderful documentation, but although this was a perfect reason
to start learning the details about my beloved ZFS, I don't have the
time to.

Is there a zdb(8) aequivalent of 'zpool import -t', so I can issue the
zdb check, wich doesn't crash the kernel but only zdb(8)?

For regular 'zpool import', 'zdb -ce' seems to be such a synonym. At
least the crash report is identical, see my reply to Scott Bennett's post..

Thanks,

-harry