Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:14:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multidrop serial driver

Michael Smith wrote:

> I think that the driver would be a useful addition to the system, and
> we are more than happy to release it under a BSD copyright.  If
> someone with appropriate commit priviledges agrees, the driver is in
> ~msmith/mdsio.tar.gz on freefall.  Note that it currently uses major
> 20, as I haven't had a major assigned yet.

I have a dinky little PLC (actually a Siemens S7-200) that _needs_
exactly that driver. I'd certainly like to see it in the tree, so that it
gets updated when there are changes that affect it.

> --
> ]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au    [[
> ]] Genesis Software                     genesis@atrad.adelaide.edu.au   [[
> ]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile)  <FOUND!>          [[
> ]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax)  +61-8-8267-3493       [[
> ]] Collector of old Unix hardware.      "Where are your PEZ?" The Tick  [[

Regards,

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street