Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:53:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "A JOSEPH KOSHY" <koshy@india.hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

In message <199703141421.AA248149263@fakir.india.hp.com> "A JOSEPH
KOSHY" writes:
: There is a minor gotcha that I got caught by: the newly built `mount'
: isn't compatible with a pre lite2 merge kernel and will fail on mounting `/'.
:
: Be sure to rebuild your kernel after `make world' and before rebooting.

FYI, I was able to use the old mount on my system with the new kernel
and it has worked well enough to build most of the world (11:00 hrs
later and I'm only up to compiling usr.sbin/IPXroute).  I rebuilt a
new kernel before I started the make world.

Either FreeBSD has gotten bigger, or something is slower with the new
kernel.  It normally takes 10-10:30 before....  Hopefully the machine
I ordered last night will make this faster (PPro-180 + 2940UW + fast
disks + 64M + SuperMicro P6SNS).

Warner