Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:10:12 -0800
From:      Jeff Newton <jeff@datapark.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help: NFS and Linux

Gang,

I figured out earlier how to successfully mount a linux partition on
FreeBSD (you have to specify the reserved port flag) but for the life of
me I can't mount it with write access.  Here are the various
entries...any help would be appreciated.

/etc/exports on the linux box:

/data/apache/WWW bsdbox(rw)

mount command that I gave on my FreeBSD box:

mount_nfs -P linuxbox:/data/apache/WWW /nfs/linuxbox/WWW

I've even tried making sure uid and gid were the same on both machines.
The directory permissions look right.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton
Network Administrator