Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:06:53 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: files.i386, npx mandatory, config problem?

> This problem is evidently causing much trouble for many people who use
> cvsup to be current, so its current afterall.

No, it's the people *using* current.  Note that none of the "regulars"
are complaining.  Does this tell you something>

> That's why I suggested
> to Dough White in the past few days that the config kernel should have
> a technique to check for discrapencies between the version of config
> and the system being rebuilt, and gives a stub message telling the
> user to make world first, this also includes rebuilding new config,
> before attempting to compile a new kernel, but he just LAUGHED in my
> face for that suggestion,

Probably because it was implemented ages ago.  If your config(8)
doesn't bitch about being out of sync with your kernel sources, then
it's either up to date or too old.

I'll send you a copy of 'Staying -current with FreeBSD' off the list.
Anyone else wants a copy, please ask.

mike