Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:30:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.chuckr.org>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Duplicate cvs-cur deltas

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> On Sun, 15-Apr-2001 at 01:44:01 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Stephen McKay wrote:
> >
> > > I'm getting each update twice.  Once at full speed, once at slow speed.
> > > Here are the headers for an example duplicate:
> >
> > Thanks, Stephen, I think I have it right now, the aliases that I was using
> > were wrong.  I think both the normal and fast lists should be OK now.
>
> Hmm, I only got the ports files until now... I thought that the other
> CTM lists I am subscribed to would need some more time. However, yesterday
> I was told by another subscriber that he received src-4 and src-cur
> already as well. I sent a mail to majordomo and found out that I am
> still subscribed to all lists. However, apart from the ports files,
> I didn't get any newer CTMs.
>
> Does somebody know what's is going on here? I will unsubscribe and
> subscribe again; hoping that this helps...

I forgot to say in the last mail, but I have to repeat it here because so
many folks have suggested that unsubscribe/subscribe thing: it won't have
any good effect, at the best, nothing will happen, and in fact it's more
likely that you'll make a mistake and THEN have a real problem.

The lists were not damaged in any way whatsoever in the loss of the old
ctm machine, and you should NOT unsubscribe/resubscribe.  The majordomo
lists have been remarkably reliable and stable.

If you still have problems (remember ctm comes out only 3 times per day,
and on src-3, maybe not that often) then write me.  If you think it
possible it might be related to the startup problems, go ahead and copy
this list.  If you forget my name, I get mail at ctm@freebsd.org also.  I
want things back to normal, I won't get upset at more problems (I may
curse Murphy, but not you).  The fact is also that I'm running a full-time
job (now that my protracted illness is history) that wants 110% of my
time, so sometimes I'm a bit slow to respond.

As to that, I'm willing to keep on going on this, just fine, but if you
folks feel I was maybe too slow, and someone else has more time to give, I
could be talked into any other sort of arrangement.  My goal is to keep
ctm going, not to keep the job as ctm-meister.  I'm not asking out, I'm
just trying to get the cards on the table honestly as I know how.

If I don't get responses to this, I'll just keep on going along as I have
been.  I know you appreciate it.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.