Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:36:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        randyk@ccsales.ccsales.com (Randy Katz)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Login Name Length

> What limits the length of user logins to 8 characters and how might this
> be changed? We need 15 or more.

Modify the header file and rebuild the world.

Note hat you will break interoperability with standard wire protocols,
like YP, if you change the length of the name field.  If you can live
with that, and you have enough room to rebuild the world, go for it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.