Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 09:47:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Jeff Ehrenkrantz <admin@gccomm.net>
Cc:        hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: perl-5.00502 is marked as broken: perl is in system.

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Jeff Ehrenkrantz wrote:

> I messed up again ..... so i wanted to rebuild perl5
>
> but  "perl-5.00502 is marked as broken: perl is in system."
> is the response from a make in the perl5 ports dir.
>
> can anyone tell be just what this means and how to get around it?
> thanks ..je

Perl5 is in the base system in -stable and -current. i.e. it's built from
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl (?).

If you're running 2.x, you'll have to take your chances removing the BROKEN
line from the port makefile and seeing if it builds (2.x is no longer
officially supported by ports).

Kris

-----
"That suit's sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms that's been
rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into
someone's eye"
"Wow, that's sharp!" - Ace Rimmer and the Cat, _Red Dwarf_