Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:29:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Duplicating Audio CDs

Hi,

I want to duplicate an audio CD. The CD burner is ATAPI based so I have to
use burncd (is that still the case?). The CD in question doesn't have any
banding (that is there are no gaps between the tracks) so from what I read
I think I need to use DAO mode which burncd doesn't support.

As this is a duplication (the original CD was burnt by a burning "machine"
rather than a computer which supported all sorts of funny tricks including
DAO) I can get a a cd image using dd but how do I burn the image to
another CD?

If I use "burncd -f /dev/cdrom -s 8 audio cd.image fixate" I'm guessing it
will just write it as one track rather than the several on the origianl
CD? As the file would be a CD image should I use data instead of audio?

Am I going down the wrong track?

Thanks for your time,

Andrew