Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2012 19:26:59 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qbittorrent freezes, ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffff8004667e [SOLVED]

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 00:00:20 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, RW wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:52:50 +0200
> > Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> >
> >> hello, world\n
> >>
> >> is anybody else seeing this? On a fresh 9-STABLE/amd64 as of July
> >> 7, with all ports compiled from scratch. Qbittorrent (2.9.11)
> >> freezes after about 10 to 20 seconds, reacts to mouse clicks only
> >> after a minute or so; the window isn't redrawn when it was
> >> obscured by other windows and ...
> >
> > I tried it a few weeks ago on 8.3. I found that it locks-up just
> > after the first torrent is added, or if it's started with a torrent
> > already loaded.
> mosy probably not FreeBSD related. just a buggy program

Sorry for my last post. Spoke too soon. I found the problem!.

It lies inside devel/boost-libs.

After you issue make patch, apply this to
work/boost_1_48_0/boost/asio/detail/io_control.hpp.
I couldn't manage to produce a proper diff file.

*** 46,52 ****
    // Get the name of the IO control command.
    ioctl_cmd_type name() const
    {
-     return static_cast<int>(FIONBIO);
+     return static_cast<ioctl_cmd_type>(FIONBIO);

*** 96,102 ****
    // Get the name of the IO control command.
    ioctl_cmd_type name() const
    {
-     return static_cast<int>(FIONREAD);
+     return static_cast<ioctl_cmd_type>(FIONREAD);
    }

-Rebuild/reinstall devel/boost-libs
-Rebuild/reinstall net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-16
-Rebuild/reinstall net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-16-python
-Rebuild/reinstall net-p2p/qbittorrent

No more lockups and kernel messages!! :) after I did this, qbittorrent
has been up flawlessly for almost 2 hours.

I don't know how to get in touch with the boost-lib port mantainer so
he/she can fix the port file patch-boost_asio-ioctl to add these
changes.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br