Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 16:00:58 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   partially working snap of the new sound code

A partially working snapshot of the new sound code is available at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970725,tgz

Soundblaster input and output seem to work (at least in u-law and
8-bit mode). I am not sure how input from /dev/audio works.

mss-mode output is starting to work, although there are still some bugs
in the initialization of the card.

There is not yet /dev/mixer support, so you are stuck with mic input
and no volume control.

If someone wants to test the code, feel free to report any success or
problem. I am particularly interested to know if, in soundblaster mode,
input from /dev/audio and /dev/dsp (using the microphone) works.

	Cheers
	Luigi