Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:00:01 -0500
From:      tonylabarbara@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   My Rebuild Problem

Hi:
I wrote earlier, got one response. It was way off course, so I=C2=B4m rewrit=
ing. No, I can rebuild X11 if I can solve the following problem:

Strange problem here. /usr/local got wiped for no reason I can think of. Eve=
rything. Nothing there at all. I can=C2=B4t=20
even change the pw. Nothing on this build anyway. But went to rebuild (6.2)=20=
and=20
got caught in a loop -- note, that=C2=B4s a loop -- in these steps:
-- Select Drive

-- FDISK Partition Editor ("Q")

-- Install Boot Manager

I would prefer to rebuild (note: rebuild) because I want to add X Windows (t=
hat=C2=B4s ADD X) and I=C2=B4d rather not=20
have to rebuild the kernel. How can I wipe the drive? If I cannot rebuild, c=
an I=20
just add the ports? What about changing pw?
TIA,
Tony

More new features than ever.  Check out the new AOL Mail ! - http://webmail.=
aol.com