Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 14:06:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Breuninger <ob@seicom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: No response

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Oliver Breuninger wrote:

> who is responsible if port changes where send, but
> after months nothing happens ?

If you send-pr them and the maintainer ignores them, talk to another
committer about getting them committed (e.g. here is fine). IMO,
maintainers should be courteous enough to say "sorry, I've been busy the
past few months, I hope to look at these soon" instead of just ignoring
the submission.

If it becomes obvious they're not actually doing anything, just sitting on
the port and not touching it, then I think it's fine for another committer
to take responsibility for the changes and do the commit themselves. Just
mention (e.g. in the send-pr audit trail) that you've tried for X months
to get a response out of the maintainer but to no avail.

Maintainership is supposed to be an active process, not an implementation
of /dev/null.

Kris

----