Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:48:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Drew <drew@no6.com>, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: pccard0 problems

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:11:42 -0800
> > From: Drew <drew@no6.com>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

> > >We need a bit to go on. What version of FreeBSD? dmesg output? If you
> > >are using PCI interrupt routing (the default with 4.4 and newer), the
> > >slots will share an IRQ, so that is probably not the problem.
> > >
> > >There is a problem with some hardware that results in only one slot
> > >working, although I thought it was usually slot 0 that worked and slot
> > >one that failed.
> > >
> > sorry, here's dmesg:
>
> OK. The first thing I see is that you are using a Cirrus Logic CardBus
> bridge. This is one where only one slot was working, but I thought
> that Warner had fixed that. Hmm.
>
> Also, you only seem to have pcic0, so enabling pcic1 in the
> kernel.conf is not doing anything. pcic0 normally operates the two
> slots in the main systems and pcic1 (if present) is for two more slots
> in the docking station.
>
> Perhaps Warner can confirm if both slots in systems using the Cirrus
> Logic part should work in 4,5-Release.

I had this problem around 4.3- or 4.4-RELEASE, where only the first slot
was working.  Yes Warner did fix it.

I am running 4.5-STABLE from Feb-10th (need to cvsup!) with a Cirrus Logic
PD6729 chipset on an IBM ThinkPad 560e laptop and I am using OLDCARD (I
think, I honestly don't have a clue how to use NEWCARD unless it is
default for this release, but I do not think so .. it just works :)).

I have the exact same cards as Drew (3C589D and a Lucent Silver) and they
work flawlessly together.  I am using the default routing (PCI) method.

I've pasted a kernel config and dmesg output incase it's any help.

FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #6: Sun Feb 10 14:14:12 EST 2002
pci0: <Trident model 9660 VGA-compatible display device> at 3.0 irq 0
pcic0: <Cirrus Logic PD6729/6730 PC-Card Controller> port 0x3e0-0x3e3 irq
0 at device 19.0 on pci0
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x280-0x2bf irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
wi0: Ethernet address: 00:02:2d:02:7e:9c
ep0: <3Com Etherlink III 3C589> at port 0x240-0x24f irq 10 slot 1 on
pccard1
ep0: Ethernet address 00:60:97:8e:86:52

device          card
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          ep
device          wi