Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:33:22 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mount NFS problem?  Am I doing something wrong?

I am trying to NFS mount various slices on my FreeBSD systesm.  They all
fail.  One machine is running 2.2.8-RELEASE and the other is running
3.0-STABLE (19990125).  Both machines are set up [in /etc/rc.conf] to run as
both an NFS client and server.  Here is what I tried:

"mount -t nfs rover:/usr /mnt"

    and I also tried

"mount -t nfs rover:/storage /mnt"

I get the following error:

"NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered"

What am I missing, some port or something?  I have looked at all the
documentation I can find, and nothing that indicates a dependency on a port.
Also, mount has no manpage.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com