Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:46:52 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Donald Burr <dburr@Powered-By.AC>
Subject:   Re: Support for PCMCIA for *desktop* machines?

Donald Burr <dburr@Powered-By.AC> probably said:
> ARe any of the PCMCIA solutions for *desktop* machines supported by the
> PCMCIA code (either PAO or stock FreeBSD)?  (the kind that have an ISA
> card that you plug into your motherboard, and 2 PCMCIA slots that you can
> install into one your 3.5" or 5.25" drive bays)?  If so, can you give me
> some specific makes/models that are supported?  Thanks!

I'm using an ISA 4 slot (2 on the card, 2 in a floppy drive size tray at
the front) in my desktop box with PAO.
The box said IBM all over it (it was $30 at a computer show, I figured
it was worth the risk of not working :)

pcic0 at 0x3e0-0x3e1 irq 9 on isa
PC-Card ctlr(0) Intel 82365A/B (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic0: slot 0 controller I/O address 0x3e0
pcic0: slot 1 controller I/O address 0x3e0
pcic0: slot 2 controller I/O address 0x3e0
pcic0: slot 3 controller I/O address 0x3e0

Doesn't look like I kept the box, so I can't give you any kind of model
information beyond IBM :/

The DOS/doze 3.1 driver disk taht came with it says;
"playatwill", version 1.03 (C) Copyright IBM [blah, blah] 1994 [blah blah]
and a serial number in teh top right hand corner "72G0489".

Hope that is of some use to you ...

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@net.tufts.edu