Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 16:00:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Win/NT and boot manager

> > From: Serge Plyaskin      splyaski@cmp.com
> > 1. I have FreeBSD 2.0 950210-SNAP installed on the drive C:
> > Now, I would like to set up Windows NT Workstation on the drive D:
> > Both are physical IDE drives. I like NT boot manager better.

I recently did this with my -current test box.  I was unable to install
NT on the second partition.  I had to install it on the first partition.
FreeBSD lives on the second partition.  I used the FreeBSD boot manager.

Now I can switch back and forth between two test environments, NT-recent
and FreeBSD-current :-)

I do notice that I must actually power off my box when I switch from
NT to FreeBSD.  The 3c509 must not be reset properly by FreeBSD during
boot.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net