Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 00:58:37 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        Aleksei Davidenko <aleksei@man.anet.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About Leased Line on FreeBsd

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Aleksei Davidenko wrote:

> Hi!
> I have Leased Line between FreeBsd 2.1.5 and WINN 95
> and 2 modem configured for autoconnect.
> How I can configured Freebsd for permanent connect machines for
> INTERNET on WIN95
>  - SLIP or PPP and how setup????
>  - what about com-port config on FreeBSD?
> Help,Please!!!

OK.

1) enable pppd on kernel /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/xxx where xxx is name
name of a kernel config file with an entry :
pseudo-device	ppp	4

2) compile the kernel, install, reboot.

3) in directory /etc/ppp create file "options"
options -> 	modem
		crtscts
		netmask 0xfffffffe
		mtu	296
4) create a file named win1	(ex).
	win1->	#!/bin/sh
		/usr/sbin/pppd -detach passive ip1:ip2 38400 /dev/cuaa1
   ip1 and ip2 are the local and remote ips...
   make it executable (mode 755)

5) change the ttyd1 on the /etc/ttys file to point to that file (win1).

	ttyd1	"/etc/ppp/win1" cons25 on

6) reboot the machine or: kill -1 1

Should work.

Sergio Lenzi.