Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 09:33:40 -0600
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        "Jeff Wilson" <wilson@VNET.IBM.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad 360CE

Jeff Wilson writes:

> Now, what I would like to know is: are scancode 2 keyboards going to
> be supported in 2.1, or will I have to go through this all again when
> I upgrade?

If you can think of a way to get scancode 2 support into syscons, I'll
bet you could get it into the distribution. :)

But, that may be more difficult than you think.  The next step is to
figure out how to make it easier for folks like you to install things on
the system.  As Jordan already pointed out, making multiple boot disks
available is *not* the optimum solution.  If you can figure out how a
person could build their own boot disk easily using the available
sources on a CD w/out being overly complicated it would be a 'good
thing'.

Nate