Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 20:59:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Kenneth R. Westerback" <krw@tcn.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org

I am running 2.2R plus 210 & 211.  I have user ppp set up and working
quickly dials out and then hangs up before rebooting.  When I use
'shutdown -r now' (my usual method!) this does not occur.

Why would this be happening?

Also, whenever I run PINE (3.95 - installed from 2.2-RELEASE ports
collection) it also causes a dial out before giving me the initial menu.
I am using the default PINE setup, unmodified since it installed itself,
and I can't see anything that would make it look anywhere but locally for
mail.

---- Ken