Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:10:13 -0500
From:      Chris Radek <cradek@in221.inetnebr.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Accton EtherPocket device driver porting help

Hello all!

I am wanting to port the Linux driver for the Accton EtherPocket
parallel port ethernet device to FreeBSD.  I am having trouble finding a
starting point - the FreeBSD Device Driver Writer's Guide looks great
for character devices, but is unhelpful (empty!) for network devices.

So I have two questions:

Is there work in progress for supporting this, or any other, parallel
port ethernet device?

If not, where does a person begin when porting a network driver?  I am
not allergic to digging through existing code, but a summary of the
necessary parts would be very helpful.  Perhaps something like Linux's
skeleton.c?

Thanks and regards,

-Chris