Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:54:54 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   slight emergency here...

	Guys,

	I think I've found the reason for the intermittent rashes.
	Part of /var is bad, and fsck cannot allocate inoinfo to repair
	the damage.

	At any rate, how do i as root, single user, cp -rp all of /var to
	elsewhere (/storage) and rmdir /var, them mkdir /var and copy
	everything back?? I've forgotten the cpio magic command.

	I'll do same while i'm at it  with /usr/home  -> home, if that is
	advisable.  tao2 has been rebooting automatically in an infinite
	loop for about .5 hour.   I managed to  go single-user.  Time to
	ask peoples' suggestions.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix