Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:59:54 -0500
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIS -- Restricted mode access list??

Well from the text of the error message it sounds like ypbind is not
recognizing XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (itself) as being a member of the -S list.
I don't use -S myself but I would suggest first substituting the IP
address for the name in your -S list.  If that makes the problem go
away then you know the root of the problem is in resolving the name to
the address and can narrow your search to that issue.  For that matter
you could probably just substitute 127.0.0.1 or localhost for the slave
server's hostname in your -S list and be done with it.

-Mitch