Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 19:20:28 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        uttt@fang.cs.sunyit.edu (Tom T. Tran)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPX

>         Is the there any IPX protocal support for FreeBSD. I was considering
> the possibility of porting the linux Netware daemans to FreeBSD.

I have a working IPX that I derived from the XNS (/sys/netns) code in FreeBSD.
We use it mostly for routing. I have changed ifconfig and netstat to understand
IPX and build IPXrouted with IPX RIP and SAP support.

I didn't do SPX because we did not need it and I only changed the ed ethernet
driver because we use SMC cards. It only works for Ethernet II and not the
802.3 ethernet protocol that Novell used as a default for a long time.

There is minimal changes to the kernel. There is about 3 files (device drivers
excluded) and sys/netipx that is new.

If you want it, I will clean it up a bit and put it somewhere for ftp.

We would actualy like to get the code into FreeBSD, if it is wanted. Core
team????

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@csir.co.za