Date:      Sat,  4 May 2002 15:18:41 +0200
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dead screen shells problem

hi.

on my workstation, screen works like a charm.

on my gateway, however, they seem to die out all the time.

---
::: johann[muay] [~/mp3] % screen -r
[15:10]
Remove dead screens with 'screen -wipe'.
[detached]
---

that happens every time i reattach a screen.
if i only have one running, it's most likely left alone. if i run, let's
say two, this is what happens quite so often:

---
::: johann[muay] [~] % screen -r
[14:59]
There are several suitable screens on:
        253.ttyp0.muay  (Detached)
        276.ttyp0.muay  (Detached)
Type "screen [-d] -r [pid.]tty.host" to resume one of them.
::: johann[muay] [~] % screen -r 253.ttyp0.muay
[14:59]
There is a screen on:
        253.ttyp0.muay  (Dead ???)
Remove dead screens with 'screen -wipe'.
There is no screen to be resumed matching 253.ttyp0.muay.
---

has anyone ever had the same problem?

regards,
-- johann