Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:44:07 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jonms@coresync.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wildly OT Re: Too much spam!

[ follow-ups, if any, to -chat, please]

On 12/7/00, 12:13:34 AM, "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jonms@coresync.net> wrote=

regarding Too much spam!:

> To the list owners/maintainers:

> Could you guys please do a little something about the volume of spam
we
> have been receiving in our e-mail boxes as a result of being on this
> list? It's really starting to become annoying to have atleast 1 or 2
> e-mails that are spam in a 24 hour period. Thanks.

> P.S. Anyone else can jump on the bandwagon.

> -- Jonathan M. Slivko

<joking mode>
What if somebody on the list cracked the spamming site(s) (say, Rude
Spammer), leaving such a  signature as "This site was deliberately
cracked in response to the spamming of security@freebsd.org on the
part of Rude Spammer"
</joking mode>

This would soon deter other potential spammers... ok, ok, ok, I was
just kidding :-))

Best regards,
Salvo