Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:01:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        bruceg1@erols.com (Bruce Grisham)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: aha2940u2w not detected]

Bruce Grisham wrote...
> The pci probe message is 'pci 0:16 vendor 0x9005, dev 0x0010, class =
> storage (scsi), int a irq 10 [no driver assigned]'
>
> Note that the controller will use irq 11 if that irq hasn't been
> reserved in the BIOS for the ISA bus.
>
> Could you let me know briefly the steps you must take to incorporate
> support for this device?  And since I can't use my cdrom to install from
> initially, will I need to create a boot floppy from an image you send me
> (so I'll know what to read up on!).
>
> I appreciate your help.  If it becomes necessary, I could loan you this
> controller.  Just let me know.

	The AHA-2940U2W uses an AIC-7890 ultra 2 chip.  Justin is working
on support for that chip right now.  It will be in the next CAM snapshot,
most likely.

	So, just wait a little bit and we'll have support for it in CAM.
Keep in mind that you'll have to run -current with the CAM patches.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com