Date:      Sat, 04 May 2002 15:27:12 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update => Re: Error upgrading ImageMagick-5.4.4 with portupgrade

"S. Roberts" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>   Thansk for getting back to me.

You're welcome.

> I've not tried your solution as yet, mainly because I have a question on
> your last point - namely the question as to whether or not the actual
> file downloaded by portupgrade is indeed the correct one!

Try to locate it at the ImageMagick's web site and download it manually into
the /usr/ports/distfiles directory. Then you should have the correct one.

> Since the initial error, I've removed the downloaded tar file and re-run
> cvsup on my ports three times - started early this mornning (GMT), all
> returning results that tell me that the current ImageMagick-5.4.4 is out
> of date and that there is an updated version available.
>
> On all three attempts at upgrading, I get the same error. So, I figure
> that there very well might be something wrong with the tar file
> available?
>
> What do you think? Are you using this port, by chance?

Yep. But I haven't done any upgrade of it, to 5.4.4.5. As of writing this
I don't even know which version I have. :-)

Either the distinfo file in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick is wrong, and you
can fix it as I proposed, or it's the ImageMagick tar.gz file that is wrong.
If it's the latter, then you can not do an upgrade, as you need at least the
correct sources to be able to compile the application.

Best regards,
Paul