Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:10:08 -0600
From:      "Grant Cooper" <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
To:        <tristan11@mindspring.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfw rules

I am having the same problem. I now just allow ftp from certain IP
address's. But doesn't the second rule,

# /sbin/upfw 10001 allow tco from any 1024-65535 to any 1024-65535 setup
keep-state

kind of beat's the purpose of a firewall. That's a lot of open ports. I
thought IPFW had a way to remember the ports opened by ftp and creates rules
dynamically based on the ports opened buy ftp.