Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:22:39 +0100
From:      Jon-Eirik Pettersen <lists@jonepet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CUPS + GDI(GNU Ghostscript)

I'm trying to use a Samsung ML1710 laster printer on FreeBSD. It's
connected via USB and is detected:
ulpt0: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung ML-1710, rev 1.10/1.00,
addr 3, iclass 7/1

It is Linux-drivers on the CD that does not work with FreeBSD (not Linux
either), but the Samsung ML1210 driver that is in the GDI-driver in
GNU-Ghostscript works in Linux.  But in FreeBSD, it does not list the
Ghostscript-drivers in the Gnome-cups-manager or the web-interface, like
it does in Linux (Fedora+RedHat+Mandrake). I think this is some
configurations the distro-makers do, but I cannot find out what.

This printer does _only_ accept postscript that is 100% correctly formatted.

Anyone?