Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:22:17 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Dung Patrick <dkt@digitalme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about threads [beaver challenge]

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:39:41 +0800, Dung Patrick <dkt@digitalme.com> wrote:

> Hi, we are using FreeBSD 5.2p2, with a Dual P4 Xeon.

I personal think you should go for 5.2-CURRENT; not 5.2(.1)-RELEASE
branch. -CURRENT is faster in my benchmark test, of course with the
disable debug and malloc.conf->aj. There are few performance optimizations
that committed in -CURRENT after 5.2 released.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.