Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2016 18:13:39 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <amaniatis@apache.org>
Subject:   Re: ${INSTALL_DATA} problems

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 08:29:12AM +1000, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Maybe the Makefile language will become clearer to me one day, but
> I've been using FreeBSD since 4.0 and it hasn't clicked yet.

Don't worry, the FreeBSD ports framework does things with the Makefile
language that was never intended by make's designers :-)

We do try to document things in the Porter's Handbook, but sometimes
the only thing to do is wade into bsd.port.mk and friends and read the
code.  (Not recomended for the faint of heart, though.)

mcl