Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:14:43 -0500
From:      Matt Bjornson <matt@techiesalumni.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.8 install issues with Neatgear FA310TX NIC

I downloaded and burned the two ISO for 4.8.  I have no issues with the
media and have =B3completed=B2 an install. The NIC is not being recognized
however, it is a Netgear FA310TX.   I haven=B9t had issues with older version=
of FreeBSD... The kernel is not recognizing and NIC driver... I tried to
manually select each Network driver in UserConfig with no success when I
select AT&T Starlan 10 and EN100, 3c507, NI5210 I get a  conflict with with
the PC-card controller =AD this is not a laptop so I don=B9t know why the kerne=
is trying to install that... The light on my router/hub is green so the
cable is good...=20

Any ideas? I am going to run a low traffic site on this with Apache2 and
php, maybe MySQL, would moving to 5.0 be adequate (5.0 recognized the drive=
right away)

Thanks!

Matt