Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:04:40 -0700
From:      "JOHN MUELLER" <asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I finally came to the following conclusion.....

   I've got 2 DEC Venturis 575s and a Celebris 590, the last 2 numbers
are the Mhz of the pentium chip on them.  I flashed the BIOSes, but I
think the key is getting the right release for these machines.  3.2
didn't seem to work, it was an Alpha version.  These were manufactured
in 1995.  I have never installed FreeBSD successfully, but that is
because I have the wrong versions.  Anyone have a quick information fix
(other than target practice ) ?
Johnny