Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:20:40 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   URGENT: Cyclades Cyclom-Ye[P]

Hi!
I have a couple of questions about Cyclades Cyclom-Y multiports.

I'm currently using 2.2.6-STABLE.

1. How stable the driver (cy.c) is and what version of the card
   is known as more stable with it ?
   a) ISA (Ye)
   b) PCI (YeP)

2. Now I have SM8 serial module for my card.
   Will it give me some performance benefits (or, worse, some problems)
   if I'll ``undef PollMode'' in cy.c ?

3. Is the driver known to well work with 16Y's and 32Y's ?
   And if YES, does it require some tuning for 16Y's and 32Y's?

4. Why PollMode is required for Cyclom-16Y's and does it required for 32Y's?
   * PollMode: required for Cyclom-16Y's; costs 10-20% relative efficiency on
   * Cyclom-8Y's (more with a low RxFifoThreshold).

Thanks in advance,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank