Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 15:20:11 -0600
From:      anthony@sohopros.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let's compare notes

>Right after you installed FreeBSD, logged in and sat there at
>the prompt, what's the first thing you ever did? :-)

I did an dir to see what was there and can you believe that
darn box gave me a message saying dir: command not found. :-)

>Then what was the first thing you had to sit down and learn about?

After my 10th or 11th install trying to get things just like I wanted
them (because I didn't know how to recompile the kernel yet) was
learning how to configure my ppp.conf, so I could dial-up the
Internet because I needed help from FreeBSD-questions.

>How did you you learn it? What resources (documents, friends, whatever)
>did you use? How did you find the resources?

I purchased The Complete FreeBSD book, which is better known to me
as the FreeBSD Bible.  Of course I can't forget to give credit
where credit is due "FreeBSD-questions" has helped me greatly.

>Did you enjoy it? How long did it take to learn?

Yes I very much enjoyed the learning experience.  I'm still
learning.

--

Anthony E. Coley
Consultant, SohoPros