Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 21:24:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, dob@bazzle.com
Subject:   Re: omniORB port to FreeBSD

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> Any orbaholics interested in working with me to
> port omniORB to FreeBSD pthreads please drop me a line.  The C++
> binding is very attractive.  ILU works fine of course but
> the C++ binding is too flaky to use right now.
>
>        *******  Free CORBA 2 ORB for C++ available now  *******
>

> The Olivetti and Oracle Research Laboratory has made available the first
> public release of omniORB (version 2.2.0). We also refer to this version
> as omniORB2.
>
>          http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/omniORB.html

Hello

	I just build this under FreeBSD-current without many problems.
The first two echo examples work fine the last core dumps.  My first goal
was to just get it to compile.  Tomorrow I will work on getting the bugs
out.  Once I have a set of patches I will make them available, then I will
work on a port.

Later,

                                              Eric J. Chet
					       - ejc@naserver1.cb.lucent.com