Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:18:45 +0200
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <pmh@hausen.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPI CM3+ - ZFS boot possible?

Hi all,

can these modules boot from ZFS? I would probably be able to create a =
ZFS based setup
by installing the regular image, copying the entire root UFS to the swap =
area and booting
into that.

Memories ... that used to be how you created mirrored setups for =
commercial Unices
like e.g. Sinix/Pyramid. ;-)

=46rom that temporary system running in the ~ 2 GB swap partition I =
could create a
ZFS installation in the remaining ~ 27 GB of the onboard MMC storage.

But what - if at all - do I need to change in the EFI partition to make =
the system boot
from ZFS?

Kind regards, TIA,
Patrick=