Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 11:12:45 -0800
From:      Greg Haa <greg@z-axis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding Disks

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a pentium 200 MHZ with 64 megs of RAM.
Adaptec 2940 SCSI card with 4 2 gig Hard Drives and a CD ROM drive.  I
am trying to add another 4 gig hard drive with two partitions  of two
gigs each.  When I use the sysinstall program it allows me to partition
the disk fine.  Then I go to the label editor,  it allows me to create
labels on the partition but then when I try to write the changes instead
of going to the newfs part it immedeatly tries to mount and gives me the
following error message:

Error mounting /dev/sd4s1e on /mount point : invalid argument

After this we check and the mount point is created but it never creates
the filesystem or the disk label.

Thanks in advance

Greg Haa
greg@z-axis.com