Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:13:55 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        rene@xs4all.nl
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disks (again :)

-On [19991214 17:10], rene@xs4all.nl (rene@xs4all.nl) wrote:
>Hello questions,

Hoi Rene,

>  Now I've got this other problem; one of my disks doesn't pass the
>  startup-check... It tells me to run fsck myself, which I did, and
>  got stuck at a message (which also happens at boot, which is I think
>  why the buggar fails)
>
>  Can't open /dev/rwd0s1e: Invalid argument

First, which FreeBSD version?

What does fstab look like?

Is there a /dev entry for the above mentioned slice?

What command did you enter for this slice to fsck it?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /