Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:12:03 -0700
From:      Kevin Stevens <freebsd@pursued-with.net>
To:        jmlewis@dslextreme.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports on OS X

On Jul 18, 2004, at 22:51, Joshua Lewis wrote:

> Down to the questions. Any one know how I can get the ports collection
> on
> here? I am thinking download CVSup and then running a ports-all. Any
> other
> ideas?

Umm.  You're trying to install the freebsd ports collection on a Mac
running what?  FreeBSD/ppc or OS X?  If FreeBSD, ok, but I didn't
realize that architecture port was complete.  If OS X, the FreeBSD
ports aren't what you need.  Try here:  http://fink.sourceforge.net/
or here:  http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/.  Both use cvsup for
updates.

KeS