Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:04:55 -0400
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@ican.net>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Prob w/DPT driver v1.1.6

On Mon, Jul 07, 1997 at 11:29:34PM -0700, Simon Shapiro wrote:
[-- Warning: iso-8859-8 is not compatible with your display.]

> Hi Josh Tiefenbach;  On 08-Jul-97 you wrote:
> > Booting up a RELENG_2_2 box with the latest DPT driver:
>
> Does it work at all, or does it die after exactly this one message?

Referenced in my other message, but yes it works. It just hangs and comes back
a lot.

> and the status is totally messed up.  this normally indicates hardware
> problems. Can you please tell me the board model, S/N, rev level, along

PM3334-UW. s/n: 66-010378. Firmware: 007L0 (3E7). Not sure of the rev, but
dmesg claims a rev of 2 on bootup. There's also a sticker on the back saying
``HA-0851-006-A'' if that helps.

> with the firmware (the boot prompt reports that).  Also, I need the Mfg,
> model of the motherboard this thing goes into.  How many PCI slots?
> Is the DPT in a ``secondary (behind a bridge)'' or primary PCI slot?

It was in a Compaq Deskpro 6000, Pentium Pro. The box is a production machine
(mostly), so it's kinda hard to crack the top and check # of slots right now.
The DPT was in the same slot as the 2940 usually occupies, so I suspect it was
a primary slot, but dont hold me to it.

> If you are on 1.1.6, you must have:
>
> options DPT_SINTR_SPLHIGH

Ok. I'll try that next. I'm in the process in testing the thing in a
development box I have lying around, so I'll keep you posted on the results
there.

> Keep me informed and thank you.

You're welcome :)

josh