Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:33:23 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bmake/contrib framework for egcs

--0-1769575940-921360803=:6938

Hello, here's where cpp died. There's a small error in freebsd.h:
INCLUDE_DEFAULTS array defined in a wrong way (patch attached). Now cpp
doesn't die anymore. There's an another problem, though. For somereason
libgcc doesn't want to compile with base c++ (conflict in "new", it
seems). It does compile if COMPILER_PATH is set to uitilize a newly
compiled c++ and cc1plus, but it takes addition
CFLAGS+=	-I${GCCDIR}/cp/inc
to gnu/usr.bin/cc/Makefile.inc. Then everything builds indeed.

BTW, binaries compiled with egcc are still larger than with stock gcc. Is
there a way to shrink them (beyond what's possible with -O optimisation)?

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

> > How's this going?
>
> Everything now builds, and I can pass the C++ STL tests supplied with
> EGCS.
>
> There is at least one case w/in gnu/usr.bin/cc that ``make cleandir &&
> make cleandir && make obj && make depend && make && make clean && make''
> will file to build.  But I haven't worried too much about that yet.
>
> The biggest problem is that ``cpp'' will get a sig11 when executed by
> c++.  If I use ``c++ -v'' and manually execute what c++ is, I don't get
> the sig11.  I got tired of trying to track this down, so to get around
> this (so I could work on libstdc++), I copy ``cpp'' into /usr/libexec
> from a copy of an installed EGCS port.
>
> The version in my repository is EGCS 1.1.2-pre3.  Rumors have it that
> 1.1.2 will released on Friday, and by Monday at the latest.

Regards,
Vladimir

===========================|=======================
 Vladimir Kushnir   	   |
 kushn@mail.kar.net, 	   |	Powered by FreeBSD
 kushnir@ap3.bitp.kiev.ua  |

--0-1769575940-921360803=:6938
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--0-1769575940-921360803=:6938--