Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:54:52 -0800
From:      Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Syscons with xterm emulation: one step closer to UTF-8 support?

Ed Schouten wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I started working on a library (libteken) that
> implements a subset of features (escape sequences) of xterm, our trusty
> X11 terminal application.

Ed,

VT100 emulation in syscons is a great idea.

The first time ;-) I implemented VT100 emulation I didn't
know about all of the VT100 and VT220 torture tests
floating around.  If you haven't already, I strongly
suggest you track down some of them.  The various
VT100 "movies" are useful tests and kind of fun to watch.

Tim