Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:22:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Borden <j_borden@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing on an Ultra Ata Hard drive

I'm trying to install 3.0 on a Gateway G6 400.  It has a 18 G ultra ata
hd, which is not reconized when I boot from the CD.  I type in the
address as an IDE device, but it still doesn't work with it.  (disk not
found error)  I've tried to install dos 6.0 on the future freeBSD
partition, but it won't reconize the CD drive.
Is it possible to use the hard drive with freeBSD?  I've tried booting
from the floppies with equal success.
Thanks in advance,
John