Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:26:26 +0900
From:      Kenji Owaki <owaki-kenji@pa.aix.or.jp>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        owaki-kenji@pa.aix.or.jp
Subject:   Installer cannot find CD-ROMs - 2.1.6

Hello,

I got Walnut Creek CDROM of FreeBSD 2.1.6, January 1997 version.
It's pretty fine, except for a problem I found.  I canned FAQs,
handbooks and some materials on the Internet, but I cannnot find
any workaround.  Could you please let me know how it can be
solved if you know ?

I have two PCs each has one CD-ROM, Mitsumi FX001 and a ATAPI.
When I booted with boot floppy generated with MAKEFLP.BAT,
The FreeBSD cannnot find these CD-ROMs. it says no CD-ROM drive
on the system.  It is true when I booted with INSTALL.BAT.

However, after installing it with copying on MS-DOS partition
and making its own kernels, it successfully find these CD-ROMs.
Moreover. I believe with the older version, i.e. 2.1, I could
install it from these CD-ROMs.

My questions is: Is there any way to FreeBSD installation process
find these CD-ROMs ?

Thanks in advance.

Kenji Owaki

--